Birth Doula Support
How and where you choose to birth does not matter to me. What matters is that you feel respected, confident and supported every step of the way.
You should never feel alone when you have your baby. You are the epitome of strength and power when you are giving birth, but to feel this you need to know you are supported and your space is protected. In centuries gone by, you would have given birth within the care and support network of your tribe. Now, times have changed. Because of how separated families and communities are, it has become normal to birth with very few people at your side.
You will have unconditional support
As your birth doula I will be a consistent presence along the journey with you. I will accompany you through the process of preparing for birth, and support you in labour and as you birth your baby. This support is physical, practical and emotional, and is offered unconditionally and without judgement.
I am not a medical professional and so I don’t replace the role of a midwife or doctor. On the contrary, I works alongside them as an extra part of your care team. Navigating the maternity system, and processing information to make decisions can be overwhelming. With a birth doula you can feel calm knowing someone will remind you of questions to ask, helping you explore what is best for you and your baby.
As your doula I am there with you, and for you
Your needs come first
Beyond the moment of birth
Birth Doula Package
- A free initial consultation giving you the chance to get to know me and decide if we are the right fit for each other. You can also establish exactly what you would like from me as your birth doula
- Two antenatal sessions that each last around 2 hours
- Support via phone, text or email for the duration of your pregnancy
- Being on call for you 24 hours a day from 38 weeks until the birth
- Support during your birth at your chosen birth location, including any movement between locations
- A postnatal session to provide emotional support, discuss baby care, provide feeding support or just be with you for reassurance
*If you require any additional sessions these will be charged at £15 per hour
* Additional mileage will be charged at 45p/mile for distances over 10 miles