- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required to confirm your place on your chosen course.
- The balance of the course fee (the agreed full fee minus any deposit paid) must be paid in full at or before the first session of the course, unless otherwise agreed.
- In the event of cancellation by a participant prior to the start of the course, the £50 deposit is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation by a participant after one or more sessions of the course have been completed, no refund will be given.
- In the event of a birth taking place before the course commences, a full refund will be given.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation of a course by Meg Brierley of A Gentle Journey, attempts will be made to reschedule. If this is not possible, or alternative dates cannot be agreed, a full refund of the total fee will be given.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation of an individual session by Meg Brierley of A Gentle Journey, attempts will be made to reschedule. If this is not possible, or if alternative dates cannot be agreed, a refund for sessions not yet taken will be given. If it is not possible for all couples within a group to agree an alternative date then provision will be made for individual couples. The refunded fee per session will be calculated as the total fee, after deduction of the £50 deposit, divided by the number of sessions in the course. No refund will be made for sessions already taken.
I hereby state that I am taking part in these sessions of my own free will and with the understanding that this is a course designed to teach me to use my own natural abilities to bring my mind and my body into a state of relaxation. I further understand that the content of these classes is in no way intended to be represented as medical advice nor as a prescription for medical procedure, and the course in no way takes the place of antenatal care. I am aware that I should seek the advice of a health-care provider to answer any health-related or pregnancy-related issues surrounding my pregnancy, my labour, or my birth. I can confirm that there are no past or current mental health issues, for all who will be attending, that Meg Brierley has not been made aware of in advance.
I agree that I will in no way hold Meg Brierley of A Gentle Journey responsible for any special circumstances that could arise as a result of my pregnancy, my labour, or the birth of my child.
- Information will be used lawfully, fairly and with transparency and may comprise names, contact details, relevant medical/mental health information, past and present pregnancy and birth information and personal feedback/stories.
- Information will only be used for the correct purpose. This will include communication, appropriate preparation for services offered, health and safety, and completion of feedback and mentorship documentation as agreed in advance.
- Information taken will be adequate and relevant to the purposes identified above. Permission will be sought in writing for any uses outside of those identified above.
- Information will not be kept for longer than is necessary according to ongoing need or statutory requirements for insurance purposes.
- Information will be kept securely to prevent being lost, destroyed or damaged. Information in an electronic format, including email and text exchanges, will be kept on a password protected device. Any information kept in cloud storage will be within a GDPR compliant system. Information will never be passed on, or shown to, a third party unless expressed consent is given.