Due to guidance around coronavirus and social distancing, private Hypnobirthing sessions have changed.
Click below to find out what is available
Private Hypnobirthing sessions are a completely tailored one to one course. These sessions provide you with everything you need to feel confident, informed and totally prepared for a positive birth.
Your private Hypnobirthing sessions are a comprehensive antenatal course. The sessions are packed with approximately 10 hours of evidence based information, but that’s not all. There are practical and confidence boosting techniques to leave you empowered and looking forward to your baby’s birth.
The sessions take place in the comfort of your own home and cover more than your average antenatal course. You will also benefit from my experience as a Hypnobirthing practitioner and Doula.
Hypnobirthing with me is not about guaranteeing a ‘perfect birth’. Birth in all its forms can absolutely be positive, wonderful and life changing. I don’t shy away from exploring all the options and circumstances that you may come across. No stone is left unturned in empowering you to make decisions and you will learn techniques to feel relaxed, calm and comfortable.
The content of private Hypnobirthing sessions are tailored to your personal circumstances but would usually include:
- Your body in pregnancy and birth; the muscles, the hormones, the pelvis, the baby
- The stages of labour and what to expect
- Your options for fully informed decision making; location, interventions, comfort measures, the unexpected and special circumstances
- Positions and posture in pregnancy, labour and birth
- Releasing anxiety and fear
- Use of effective breathing techniques
- Use of visualisations and affirmations to create a positive mindset
- Deep relaxation and self hypnosis to help you stay calm and focused
- Specific guidance for birth partners so they will be confident as your support
In addition to this:
- Learn how to use rebozo (a traditional scarf) techniques. These provide comfort and relaxation during pregnancy and labour. The rebozo can also be used to support getting baby into an optimal position
- Explore how to create a birth plan (or birth preferences) that are right for you
- Receive invaluable support in preparing for the postnatal period. This is a time that is often overlooked as the focus tends to be solely on the birth
I can also provide optional infant feeding information if you wish to cover this.
A Gentle Journey Private Sessions
What is included?
- Approximately 10 hours of empowering Hypnobirthing for you and your chosen birth partners
- A copy of The Positive Birth Book by Milli Hill
- A resource folder to accompany the workshop
- Audio tracks for relaxation
- Access to the client only resource hub
- A welcome gift bag of gorgeous goodies
- Ongoing support via email/phone until the birth of your baby